The Northerner that conquered the UK
- Suited to all regions and early drilling
- Twin 7s for LLS and stem canker
- Exceptional gross output in the North
- Stiff straw with strong establishment
- Good verticillium wilt tolerance across sites
- Strong following in the East and South East
Multi-gene resistance to light leaf spot and stem canker combined with verticillium wilt tolerance supports Barbados’ performance across the UK. With strong on farm performance it has found favour in regions where both LLS and stem canker are an issue.
A DK Cabernet cross, Barbados combines many attributes of its popular parent plus good winter hardiness and a strong, leafy, early spring growth leading to a tight canopy with a mass of well-packed pods.
It’s ideally suited to early drilling as part of flea beetle strategy. Barbados has excellent lodging resistance and stem stiffness.
- Barbados 2018 [pdf | 0.73 MB] pdf Download